Ellen M. Sweetman
16609 Blenheim Way, Minnetonka, MN 55345 ~( 612) 314-9709 ~ http://livelybrush.com
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
“Gently Honoring”, Erte and the Peacock, MN 2019
“Intersections”, Vine Arts, Minneapolis, MN 2019
“The Art of Healing”, Minnetonka residence, Minnetonka, MN, March 2018
“Cellular Memory”, Excelsior, MN, January 2018
“The Forests in my Heart”, Minnetonka residence, Minnetonka, MN, March 2017
“The Art of Ellen Sweetman”, Art Center on 7, Minnetonka, MN, June-September 2016
“The Art of Ellen Sweetman”, Minnetonka residence, Minnetonka, MN, March 2016
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
“Warriors and Goddesses”, Jewelweed, Wayzata MN 2017-2020
“Bring it Outside”, MN Art Truck, 2017-2018
“Springstep Collective”, Residential home, Minnetonka, MN, May 2017
“4 Angels Creations”, Residential home, Minneapolis, MN 2012-2014
“4 Angels Creations”, Residential home, Long Lake, MN 2008-2010
“Women Critique Group”, Ridgewater College, Willmar, MN 2006
“Women Critique Group”, Ridgewater College, Hutchinson, MN 2006
Hypatia, Winter 2004
Windows of the World, Hall 1998
Studio One Spring 1993, 1994
Diotima Fall 1993
Lower Stumpf Review 1993, 1996
Springstep Collective Blog 2016-Current
SUN Sailor, Minnetonka Mom Finally Follows her Dreams with Debut Art Show 2016, Vol.46, 34
Springstep Collective, Artist’s Critique Group, Founder and participant 2016
Women artist’s Critique Group, Founder and participant 1997-2004
Apprenticeship, Glass Endeavors 2001-2002
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY EXPEREINCE
Art Instructor, Art and Meditation, Minneapolis Libraries (Franklin and Nokomis), 2018-2019
Art Instructor, Community Education STMA, Rockford, Buffalo, MN 2010-2012
Independent contractor 1992-current
Art Adventures, Hanover, Buffalo, Rockford, and Minnetonka MN 2010-current
Stained Glass Artist 2001-current
Rocco Altabelli Runway Show, Props and original artwork 2013
Stage Designer, set designer Theatre Limina 2001-2009
Communal Bodies of Culture Training
Mindfulness Training Program
Embodied Social Justice Summit
Collective Trauma Online Summit
Coaches Rising Online Summit
Journey Path Institute
Conscious Healing, Thomas Hubl
Trauma Online Summit
Devanadi School of Learning
Eckhart Tolle School of Unlearning/Awakening
Marla Leigh Drumming School
Shambhala Mountain Center
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University; Bachelor of Arts degree in Art, minor in Spanish
International Studies, Spain Program-Madrid Spain
Summary of Qualifications
- Extensive and meaningful experience in Visual Arts and Theater capacities.
- Appreciation and knowledge of design, color theory, two-dimension, three-dimension, and art history.
- Successfully completed work for private businesses and patrons. Quality is the leading determinant for commissioned work and performance.
- Expertise in painting with oil, watercolor, and acrylic paints.
- Experience in sculpture in a variety of media, subtractive and additive pieces.
- Experience in set design and props.
- Strong background and understanding of line, form, mass, color, light and shade, composition, surface and space.
- Proficient in traditional styles of stained glass from century old leaded windows to tiffany style (copper foil).
- Extensive art background in paint and glass, which complements color, design, construction, and rendering of each piece.
- Ability to formulate customers’ ideas into finished product by utilizing creative thinking as well as concrete knowledge.
- Established positive rapport with clientele and consistently received excellent feedback from customers regarding design, subject matter, execution and finished work of art.
- Excel at maintaining required timeframes according to customer’s needs and store schedule.
Freelance and consulting work
Independent contractor 1992 to present
- Various oil, watercolor, pen and ink, mixed media paintings as well as stained glass works of art.
- Research and design murals, paintings, and logos for various commissions. Logos used for various business and marketing tools such as postcards, stationary, programs, flyers, menus, and letterhead.
Independent contractor 1992 to 2014
- Private lessons to individuals pursuing art. Lessons based on individual needs included: composition, line, color theory, paint application and care of tools. Demonstrations and critique provided.
- Community Education students participated in Plein Air session time.
Designer, constructor and Painter of set, props, and costumes. May 2001- 2009
Board Member/Artistic Committee Member October 2001- 2003
Artist’s Critique Group
Founder and Participant 1997-2004
- Gatherings of women artists for support, collaboration, and critique, which ended with a traveling gallery show to two MN colleges in 2003.
Apprenticeship – Glass Endeavors
Stained Glass Specialist/Designer February 2001- May 2002
- Sell original pieces of glass art and all supplies; restoration; commission work with a firm focus on color, design, construction, and excellence.
- Design and create various windows, lamps and panels. Sizes range from one square foot to 30 square feet.
Dick Blick Art Materials
Retail Manager 1998 -1999
- Managed retail art supply store.
Regional Corrections Center, Roseville, MN
Art Instructor 1997
College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University
Bachelor of Arts degree in Art (Spanish Minor) 1996
- International Studies, Spain Program – Madrid, Spain 1994-1995